Infrared Saunas – Buy For The Health Benefits
November 15, 2012 Leave a comment
If you haven’t had a chance to head over to the main Swimtown Pools website lately, you may have missed our recent addition of Heatwave Infrared Saunas (available at http://www.swimtownpools.com/heatwave-saunas-s/1557.htm) to our product listings. Many people enjoy a quick trip to the sauna while at the gym or spa, but have never thought about adding one in the comfort of their own home. These affordable saunas start at under $1,000 and offer a myriad of health benefits. Let’s run them down:
- Short term weight loss. While it’s not real weight loss, if you have a hot date and want to fit into an outfit a little easier, the sauna can help you shed a bit of water weight in the short term.
- Long term weight loss. No, a sauna isn’t necessarily a direct hit for weight loss, but it can ratchet up your metabolism, which always helps. Additionally, all that sweating will help reduce toxins in your system and help your body run more efficiently and aid in your weight loss efforts.
- Stress relief. The world continues to get louder, more crowded and move faster. This is the number one health benefit cited in most studies of sauna users. Between the warmth and the quiet, few things relieve stress like a sauna.
- Disease reduction. Sound crazy? Well, consider the fact that the majority of diseases are stress related.
- Pain reduction. Sauna heat will increase the dilation of your blood vessels and increase circulation which in turn aids the healing process.
- Improved sleep. Jacking up your body temperature in the evening will typically lead to a drop later at night and allow you to get a deep sleep. Studies back up the restful sleep gained by regular sauna use.